Friday 5 April 2013

5 Piece Fancy Feather nail art-Born Pretty Review

Happy Friday to all!

Today I have a fun review for you. I've seen these around the web and have been dying to try them.

What better way to try then in a review.  I was sent these from Born Pretty .  Although I was very intimidated at first they really aren't that hard to do.  I chose the blue feathers from the 5 piece fancy feather.

I was not sure what colour the feathers would look best on so I decided to go skittle with it.  I applied the colour base as per usual.  Once that dried I used an old top coat that was pretty tacky so the feathers would stick.  Very carefully I placed the feather on my nail.  Do to the texture I had to top it off with three coats of Seche to get it perfectly smooth. Once that dried I trimmed the ends of the feather as close to the end of my nails as possible. The last little bit I filed off.  Voila!

I really would like to try this with natural looking feathers some time



If you would like to try out feathers of your very own hop on over to Born Pretty Store to check these Fancy Feather decoration yourself

Don't forget to use my code NADL91 to get 10% off your purchase

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, these look great, they remind me of guinea fowl feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! I love that you did Skittles so we can see the different looks with these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow your nails look great, I can't seem to master the art of a feather mani yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final effect is really great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. They look so effective :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! I got some feathers and have been intimidated to use it so far...can't decide what color to layer them over!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for any comments. I read each one and love the feedback